e : email@example.com | t : 023 8064 4200
DDA compliance and upgrades within the bus industry.
With bus replacement programmes being cut during the recession many people have concerns that the bus industry will not meet the impending DDA accessibility deadlines.
Over the next 6 years, the need for buses to be accessible to DDA standards is being introduced.
The dates for each of the deadlines are below :
1st January 2015 - All buses and coaches up to 7.5 tonnes GVW
1st January 2016 - Single-deck buses over 7.5 tonnes GVW
1st January 2017 - Double-deck buses
1st January 2020 - Coaches
The requirements :
• Wheelchair access ramp
• Wheelchair space with restraint
• Priority seats for passengers
• Space for guide dogs
• Handrails to assist disabled people
• Compliant step heights
DDA Upgrades : Our DDA upgrades cover all aspects;
• Full certification on site
• Full push test certification provided with all new components
• All paperwork processed and supplied on completion of conversion
• Access to local certifying officer for help and advice.
• Destination upgrades
• Bus stopping sign upgrade
Experience of over 100 completed vehicles.
Most vehicles registered after 1st October 2000 are partially compliant and should only require minimal upgrade work, although all vehicles are different.
For further information please contact us today on 023 8064 4200